Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bad news!

Yesterday was kind of a bad day. Sydney had a MRI to find out why she has been having headaches. The pediatrition called and told us that she has Chiari I Malformation. When he told us I lost it. Chiari I malformation is an abnormality in the lower part of the brain called the cerebellum. There are several differnt forms. Sydney has Chiari I and this is the most common type. Most cases of Chiari are congenital, meaning they are present from birth.
I am really scared at this point. Jeff and I went to the temple last night and I left feeling good. I know every thing is going to be ok and that this is something that we are going to have to go through.
I am going give a web site so you guys can go and check it out. It has alot of info on the doctor that we are going to see on Monday. His name is Dr. John Kestler. Also there is good info about what she has.
Here's the web site http://neurosurgery4kids.net/.
Thank you everybody for your love and support. We are going to need alot of prayers.

Love,
Kandiss, Jeff, Nat, and Sydney

5 comments:

lehiharmers said...

I'm so sorry to hear that about your baby girl, (i still think she is a baby-let me live in my past life)
I will keep you in my prayers, and am here if you need anything!!

Kathlene and Jerry said...

Kaniss, Prayers are with you and they work. They are strong I know. Syd kicks butt. Thanks for all you do and who you are. It makes a big difference in my life and those around you. Love Nana

Angie K. Millgate said...

Sending you love and peace. Sending light and healing. Sending comfort and hugs. Blessed be, dear one.

Grandma Joan said...

Our prayers are with our little Sydney! The Dockstader family will be having a family fast on Sunday if anyone would like to join us. With our faith and everyones prayers, sydney will be just fine!!

Shelly said...

I am so sorry to hear about this sad news, but you guys are so strong and I know you will all make it through shining brightly. We love you and are always here if you need anything!